Often times, place card holders are an after thought at events and become a last minute item. The team at Creative Concepts NYC was in one of these last minute situations and figured out a crafty and frugal way to make DIY place card holders. The simple solution was to use stainless silver binder clips! The result was perfect for our clients need of a modern, sleek, and industrial looking style. The CCNYC team liked the place card holders so much, that it has become a permanent item in the many crafty tricks they have up their sleeve!
Here is how you can make your own place card holders!
1) You will need Binder clips: Binder clips come in a variety of colors, sizes, and patterns. Pick clips that represent your style and or the theme of the event. It is important to get at least a medium- large sized binder clip so that they can hold the weight of the paper while standing upright.
2) Print cards: CCNYC uses card stock, but the options are endless! Be sure to leave space at the bottom to attach the clip.
3) Cut out: When CCNYC is doing signs rather then seating they laminate the cards this way they can be used multiple times.
4) Attach clip: Be sure the clip is centered.
5) Remove clip handels: Simply squeeze to release the clip handles. Be sure to save the handles, so that you can adjust, remove, and re-use the clip.
This is a huge money saver, looks great, and is a simple solution for all you ‘DIY enthusiasts’ out there. Happy place card making!