One way we recently dolled up a seemingly straight forward corporate sales meeting was with summer drive-in themed food and decor. Think root beer floats and a popcorn cart with branded boxes. The perfect addition to the candy striped table was a popcorn floral. Here is how you can make you very own at home.
- To get started you will need the following materials: foam core, scissors, rubber cement, black marker, sticker letters ( we love a little sparkle!), lined craft paper, cylinder vase, ruler, and sturdy tape. All of these materials can be found at your local craft or art supply store.
- Draw out a pattern on foam core: draw a 12″, 6″ line about 12″ apart. Connect with straight edge on bias. Cut out.
- Trace and cut out 3 times. You should have 4 pieces
- Flip craft paper face down. Glue foam core on to paper using rubber cement.
- Cut craft paper along edge of foam core.
- Cut out circle and embellish accordingly. Glue to one of the panels.
- Tape all 4 panels together on back side along joints of foam core.
- Insert vase.
- Add dense hand tied white hydrangea.
This fun floral could work for all sorts of themes including a child’s party. You could also take this concept and decorate each box to represent something vintage or even an Andy Warhol Brillo motif. Regardless of direction, this is a great way to bring in some fun summer colors to your table and setting!